Boeremag – Affidavit – Deon Loots

Lets Pretorius
Kubaan
Site Admin

Posted on 19 Junie 2019 by volksvryheid

AFFIDAVIT

Claims that a group called the ‘Boeremag’ had planned to overthrow the government’ were pure thumb-suck – created by Afrikaner crime-intelligence officers in the SAPS. They were even given materials and instructions for making bombs… “The Boeremag Treason Trial was never fair.” now says Deon Loots: the former police-handler of Boeremag-infiltrator and the State’s chief witness, JC Smith…
ANC CRIME INTELLIGENCE COPS TRAPPED AFRIKANERS INTO BOEREMAG plots_thumb[4].jpg
ANC CRIME INTELLIGENCE COPS TRAPPED AFRIKANERS INTO BOEREMAG plots_thumb[4].jpg (84.65 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
LEES OOK DIE AFFIDAVIT VAN DEON LOOTS VOOR DAAR NA DIE VIDEO GEKYK WORD, WAT ‘N DEURMEKAARSPUL WORD HIER KWYTGERAAK?

VIDEO

2 December 2020

ACCORDING TO COURT DOCUMENTS, AMONG OTHER BOEREMAG PLANS WAS TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT, DRIVE ALL BLACKS AND INDIANS TO KWA-ZULU NATAL THEN BOMB KWA-ZULU NATAL. THEIR TRIAL WAS REPORTED TO BE THEE MOST EXPENSIVE IN SOUTH AFRICAN HISTORY AT THAT TIME.

Footage sources:

BOER STATE – AFRIKANER STATE IS NOT A STRANGE CONCEPT – ALL PEOPLE HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL RIGHT TO RULE THEMSELVES

REFER TO ALL THE VOLKSTAATRAAD 1994 ARTICLES AND ACCORD OF SELFR-DETERMINATION.

SA Police crime-intelligence cops who lured Afrikaners into the fake ‘Boeremag’ Treason Trial – now offered lower sentences in exchange for testimony.

Oct 7 2012 – PRETORIA, South Africa: South African journalist Jacques Pauw writes in the Afrikaans weekly Rapport that after an expensive nine-year-trial in which 20 members of the socalled ‘Boeremag’ rightwing group were found guilty and one man died due to the filthy conditions in prison, there now is overwhelming evidence that the Boeremag treason-trialists were lured into a trap set up by white cops in the Crime-Intelligence unit who wanted to keep their jobs.

Pauw writes (above) that ‘police-spies planted evidence, lured Boeremag-members and incited them to carry out crimes.’ The main police-agent infiltrated into the Boeremag, JC Smith, even was given bomb-making training for the specific purpose of teaching this knowledge to the Boeremag members. Pauw has obtained the evidence from signed, sworn statements from people directly involved in the operation.

…. Further details: Confidential discussions between the accused men and their legal representatives were tapped, recorded and monitored by crime-intelligence from a special room called the ‘war-room’.
OCT

Boeremag ‘orchestrated by crime-intel’

Claims that a group called the ‘Boeremag’ had planned to overthrow the government’ were pure thumb-suck – created by Afrikaner crime-intelligence officers in the SAPS. They were even given materials and instructions for making bombs… “The Boeremag Treason Trial was never fair.” now says Deon Loots: the former police-handler of Boeremag-infiltrator and the State’s chief witness, JC Smith…

SA Police crime-intelligence cops who lured Afrikaners into the fake ‘Boeremag’ Treason Trial – now offered lower sentences in exchange for testimony

link http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/ ... lush-funds

Oct 7 2012 – PRETORIA, South Africa: South African journalist Jacques Pauw writes in the Afrikaans weekly Rapport that after an expensive nine-year-trial in which 20 members of the socalled ‘Boeremag’ rightwing group were found guilty and one man died due to the filthy conditions in prison, there now is overwhelming evidence that the Boeremag treason-trialists were lured into a trap set up by white cops in the Crime-Intelligence unit who wanted to keep their jobs.

ANC CRIME INTELLIGENCE COPS TRAPPED AFRIKANERS INTO BOEREMAG plots

Pauw writes (above) that ‘police-spies planted evidence, lured Boeremag-members and incited them to carry out crimes.’ The main police-agent infiltrated into the Boeremag, JC Smith, even was given bomb-making training for the specific purpose of teaching this knowledge to the Boeremag members. Pauw has obtained the evidence from signed, sworn statements from people directly involved in the operation.

Further details: Confidential discussions between the accused men and their legal representatives were tapped, recorded and monitored by crime-intelligence from a special room called the ‘war-room’.

Boeremag treason trial could be declared invalid:

Constitutional expert Prof Pierre de Vos said in reaction to the new evidence obtained by the newspaper’s researchers that ‘if these claims are true the Boeremag case could be declared invalid. The accused could even be released’. The nine-year trial cost some R100million, the records consist of 50,000 pages and several rooms were needed to store all the police-evidence. The state called 159 witnesses.

The investigation which was launched by the Media-24 team also obtained an independent copy of a sworn statement by a former intelligence-unit officer in which ‘specific claims are made’, writes Paul in his article.

These specific claims include ‘police deviance’ such as giving the Boeremag members bomb-making material. A leading Pretoria advocate confirmed to Pauw that he was representing “senior and trustworthy” SAPS-members who describe in signed, sworn statements on

how the crime-intelligence unit incited, misled and encouraged the Boeremag members to carry out specific crimes.

Media 24 ‘s team has a signed sworn statement signed in August 2012 by Captain Deon Loots, a former crime-intelligence officer and handler of a police agent inside the Boeremag – in which present and former colleagues in the unit were pointed out and identified as the men who had directed a campaign against the Boeremag. Bugs were planted in the cells of the accused men – (who throughout their long trial were kept in isolation-cells to protect them from other ‘prisoners’). Bugs and mini-video recorders were also placed in the consulting rooms whenever they spoke to their legal representatives throughout the ‘’ Boeremag campaign’ .

Loots said all those crime-intelligence police officers — all white (Afrikaans-speakers) — wanted to ‘assure their future with the new management inside the SAPS. They used their ‘investigation against the Boeremag to accomplish their goal’. Loots said in his statement that he has been investigating the rightwing among the Afrikaners since 1994 for the crime-intelligence unit.

He recruited a police-snout JC Smith for this purpose and was this man’s handler throughout his infiltration of the Boeremag and throughout his testifying at the trial. The (Afrikaner) judge had ruled that JC Smith’s testimony had been ‘credible:”

http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.c ... intel.html

AFFIDAVIT FROM DEON LOOTS

I, the undersigned DEON LOOTS herby declare under oath, as follows:
1. I am a mature male (Identity number: 611220 5009 084) and a former member of the South African Police Service (SAPS), currently residing in Pretoria.
The contents of this Affidavit are within the sphere of my personal knowledge, regarding all the events mentioned (except where I have expressly stated otherwise and or where the context by implication, indicates the contrary) and all the facts stated herein, are true and correct.

My involvement with the Police.

2. I am part of a family, who have strong ties with the SA Police.

3. My father, John Wahl Loots, was a Policeman for his entire career, having attained the rank of a full Colonel, until he passed away in 1987.

4. My elder Sister, Esmeralda, also joined the ranks of the Police, after having completed her school career and remained there, until she retired on Medical grounds in the year 2000, after also having attained the rank of a full Colonel. She is married to a Policeman, who had also attained the rank of a full Colonel, when he retired on pension in the Nineties (1990’s).

5. My younger Sister currently holds the rank of Luitenant-Colonel in the SA Police Service and is attached to the Crime Intelligence Division, while her ex-husband is also a (Commisioned) Officer within the selfsame Unit. They were divorced in November, 2011.

6. My younger Brother holds the rank of Captain, in the Correctional Services Department in Pretoria. His wife holds the rank of Major, within the South African Air Force.

7. I married my wife (also a Police Officer) on the 11th December, 1993. In 1996, she was transferred to the Head-Office of the SA Police Services (Wachthuis, Pretorius Street, Pretoria). She was then again transferred to the Crime Intelligence Division of the SA Police Services and who currently holds the rank of a full Colonel.

8. Both my parents inculcated me with a strong sense of fairness, discipline and civilised norms. I was taught, that if people don’t exhibit respect for such norms and values, that they then are tyrants, whose sole purpose is, to sow chaos and anarchy within their communities.

9. I have been a member of the SA Police, since 1979, where I accordingly performed duties at, viz. SA Police Gezina (Pretoria); Radio-Control (Pretoria). Thereafter, I was transferred to the Riot Unit, where I remained until 1987, before I was once again transferred to the Kwa Ndebele Security (Police) Branch.

10. Since 1990, I was attached to the Security Branch (Northern Transvaal, Pretoria), where I was primarily tasked with the monitoring of all actions and the activities in both the Mamelodi- and Kwa Ndebele areas, who operated on the so-called, ‘left-wing’ (political) terrain.

11. In 1994, I was transferred to the ‘Right-wing-Reactionary Desk’, a part of the former Crime Intelligence Division, where I was tasked to focus on the monitoring and activities of ndividuals of the so-called, ‘Right-wing’ Reactionary groups and Movements. I specifically had to infiltrate and investigate these individuals and Organizations. At about the end of 1996, I was promoted to the rank of Captain.

12. In 1996, I initially worked in the Overt-Unit of the SAPS, Crime Intelligence Division (herein later referred to as: ‘MDi’, the Afrikaans acronym for ‘Misdaad Intelligensie Eenheid’, which I will employ, instead of the English acronym, viz. ‘CI’ – Crime Intelligence). Thereafter in 1997, I was transferred to the Covert-Unit of ‘MDi’, where I remained, until my retirement on Medical grounds on the 15th October, 2001 from the SA Police Services.

My respective Commanders at the Overt-Unit of the MDi were initially, Brigadier Loots, then Colonel Roelf Venter and thereafter Colonel Manie van Staden. At the subsequent Covert-Unit, my Commander was Superintendent (Lieutenant-Colonel) Riaan van Schalkwyk. I recruited informants, including mr J.C. Smit, who is now one of the (prime) State Witnesses in the ‘Boeremag Case’ (Afrikaans version: Boeremag Saak translated as Boer-Force).

13. During the middle of 1994, I identified various possible, new Informants with the express purpose of recruiting them. I had no option, but to recruit new Informants because to my knowledge there were virtually no existing Informants, of which I was aware of. This was a totally new territory to me, but I once again purposed to make a success of my task, goal and function.

14. Consequently, I targeted a person by the name of mr Johan Smit, alias JC Smit and eventually managed to recruit him, by pursuading him to act as an Informant. At that stage, he was still employed at ISCOR (acronym for: Iron and Steel Corporation) in Vanderbijlpark. If he, for example, was an Informant for Military Intelligence, I am still oblivious thereof, to this day.

15. I was however, acutely aware of JC Smit’s alleged involvement with the AWB’s (the Afrikaans acronym for: Afrikaner Resistance Movement) ‘Ystergarde’ (‘Iron Fist’, the paramilitary-wing of the AWB), who had planted bombs in Johannesburg and Jan Smuts Airport during 1994 and therefore he became invaluable to recruit, as an Informant.

16. The following facts are within my knowledge, including the background of JC Smit’s activities as an Informant and subsequently, as a agent-Provocateur (to serve as a conduit, in order to incite others, to commit illegal acts) of the SAPS, amongst both individuals and Groups connected to the ‘Right-wing’ while both I and my incumbent, acted as his Handler, viz. JC Smit.

JC Smit’s operational functions and the start of the ‘Boeremag’ saga.

17. During 1996, JC Smit was actively involved with a certain, mr Kobus von Marle, who then resided in Doornpoort, Pretoria. Von Marle exposed and introduced JC Smit to various people, including an Informant mr Jannie Smuts of the East Rand (Johannesburg), who worked together with mr Johan Niemoller.

Regarding JC Smit, Jannie Smuts, Niemoller and mr Adriaan (called ‘At’) van Wyk, the following information:

(a) I was informed by colleagues in MDi, that for many years, Jannie Smuts collaborated with Niemoller (work-related), as well as both being involved in Cross-Border Trade (for example, in Angola), illegally trading in Medicine, Diamonds and Military hardware.

I was further informed, that Jannie Smuts was an Informant for MDi. Later, Director Roos informed me, that Niemoller clandestinely worked for Military Intelligence.

(b) In South Africa, especially at the beginning of the so-called, Boeremag investigation, Jannie Smuts, according to my information, was actively involved with mr Niemoller in scheduling Meetings, which included mr Jan Viljoen.

My information at that point in time was, that the call by some Right-Wing Activists to commit criminal acts – as will be referred to later – was already in an advanced stage and that Jannie Smuts and his Handler then concurred, that both he and Niemoller should forthwith be withdrawn from any active involvement in the Boeremag investigation.

(c) Once I had departed from the SAPS, JC Smit was transferred to a new Handler, Colonel Louis Pretorius. Pretorius had initially wanted to recruit mr At van Wyk – who later became an acussed in the Boeremag trial – but At van Wyk declined to be recruited as an Informant, according to what Pretorius personally informed me.

Pretorius then futher personally informed me, that he had forthwith instructed, that any evidence of former criminal activities or acts, that could possibly incriminate or embarrass, At van Wyk should be established or otherwise at the very least, that he should be incriminated and linked in one way or the other, to the Boeremag investigation.

However nothing concrete could be found to incriminate mr van Wyk and then, according to what JC Smit later told me, Pretorius consequently fabricated At van Wyk’s involvement in the Boeremag Investigation in his Statement, with the express purpose of falsely incriminating (to ‘frame’) mr van Wyk because of the fact, that he refused to co-operate as an Informant for MDi.

18. At the beginning of 1997, JC Smit informed me, that Von Marle had mentioned, that Johan Niemoller had held various Meetings, in order to discuss how to put in place, a self-defence plan (for Whites), in case matters turned out for the worse in South Africa. The plan was to employ the Commandos (rural military units affiliated to the South African National Defence Force) in case of anarchy (by the black population), but primarily to restore Law and Order (after anarchy created by the black population).

JC Smit further informed me, that an ‘influential’ person, by name: ‘uncle’ Jan Viljoen was involved and supported Niemoller at these supra (mentioned) Meetings.

19. In our planning, JC Smit was tasked by me to initiate contact with mr Jan Viljoen, which subsequently materialised. At this point in time, early 1997, I forwarded my first Reports on the Boeremag Meetings to Police Headquarters in Pretoria.

20. This was the beginning of the ‘Boeremag’ saga of events and fully reflects, the direct involvement of the SAPS Crime Intelligence Division (MDi) and how they developed and then covertly ‘managed’ the Boeremag members, acting as Agent-provocateurs (these are people with a hidden agenda, who
themselves do not become intricately involved in a matter, but use gullible members of the community to further their immoral agenda).

21. As a direct consequence of these Reports (see para. 19) to Police Head Office, I was summonsed to Head Office to explain and elaborate to senior Police Officers – who were in charge of the Right-wing division at Crime Intelligence – where and how, I had managed procure the supra information; how reliable the information was and whether it could be verified at all.

22. This meeting was consequently followed up by a number of workshops, where planning took place in order to establish, how we could employ existing Informants to infiltrate these new ‘Right-wing activities’.

My information was subsequently verified, chiefly via Jannie Smuts’s Handler (Riaan van Schalkwyk) and another Policeman, who went by the nickname of ‘Strys’. Jannie Smuts during that period of time, all of a sudden seemed to be collaborating with Jan Viljoen in planning and arranging Meetings, which Niemoller then happened to address.

23. At that point in time, Director Roos was given control and responsibility for the MDi Project (where Informants had to arrange and infiltrate Right-wing Meetings and to report their subsequent findings on persons attending these Meetings).

He wanted the origins (who the persons were, who had initiated these Meetings) of these Meetings to be established and exactly, what was discussed at these Meetings because according to him (MDi), Niemoller was not known to plan and hold Meetings and Roos further mentioned, that Niemoller had no history of political activism, although he was previously involved with Military Intelligence and was a trained, Special Forces soldier. He therefore suspected, that Niemoller was involved in planning subversion activities.

24. It was during this period, that Director (now General) Mark Hankel started attending, these supra Project meetings.

25. Superintendent Alfons Theron in conjunction with me, discovered after thorough investigation, that the activities of Niemoller and friends was being sublimely orchestrated by a Group, with the pseudonym: Verligte Aksie Groep (acronym: ‘VAG’ and means: Enlightened Action Group)

26. We established, that the VAG consisted of retired Army- and Police Generals, including certain former Cabinet Ministers (former Government members), who had conspired to develop a Contingency plan.

When I happened to mention these findings in my Report, Roos immediately summonsed me and duly instructed me to refrain from any further investigation into VAG. I was crudely informed, to focus on only on handling my Informant.

27. From 1999, our information from the Informants suggested heightened activity amongst the Rightwing people, so much so, that Head Office (MDi) decided to arrange workshops, which involved different SAPS-members from all over the country, whose work primarily involved Right-wing activity, monitoring, in order to discuss Right-wing actions and plan how to manage and ‘steer’ these respective persons and their actions towards the goal set by the MDi.

I must however, mention the fact, that all Right-wing activities – immaterial of which of the following Agencies were involved, viz. the Security Police (SAPS); National Intelligence (NIA); Military Intelligence (MI) and currently also SA Secret Service are involved – have all managed to infiltrate and even covertly manage and in some instances, even functionally operate these Right-wing Organizations via their Informants.

28. During 2000, a strategy evolved, whereby our planning had to include measures to control all Rightwing activities and to ensure, that MDi was in full control of Niemoller at any given moment. All our Informants were specifically tasked to become intimately involved with specifically targeted persons and certain pre-arranged activities.

They were to attend Meetings – of which some were
organised or intiated by MDi – and pertinently discuss, the so-called: ‘DOCUMENT 12’ [to which, I will refer to later and if necessary adapt it, in order subjectively influence all Right-wing decisions taken in these Meetings and which would ultimately lead to MDi being in control.

They were to also create the necessary (Right-wing Culture) ambience, in order to attract other (politically) right-leaning persons to these Meetings. The raisson d’Etre (the motive or real reason) was to create scenarios, whereby it seemed, that these persons and Groups were fast becoming a national threat to security although in reality it was MDi, who had created these covert actions in order to accumulate these like-minded persons and manage them thereby.

In reality, these SAPS Handlers via their Informants, who had by now effectively become SAPS initiated Agent-Provocateurs (instead of mere Informants) controlled and even intiated Right-wing activities, without the person in the street (ordinary citizen) being unaware of what was taking place, while the Right-wing leaders were being led around by the nose. Those leaders, who refused to toe the line, were subtlely subjugated to keep following these quasi-Right-wing Agent-provocateurs.

Consequently many Right-wing leaning persons abdicated their leadership roles, while ordinary members absconded. The agendas for these Meetings were planned to a ‘T’, in order to retain as many members and directly, albeit clandestinely, to keep ‘driving’ Mdi’s hidden agenda.

29. These Meetings, as orchestrated by MDi, were to be held regularly, in order to continually keep influencing these Right-wing inclined persons. At this point, my conscience flatly refused to co-operate with my Mdi Commander’s, will-o-wisp wishes because I came to the realization, that, what we were busy with, was not only unfair and contra bonos mores (against good social morals), but highly illegal and amounted to the fact, that MDi had become the de facto (in actual fact) ‘drivers’ of an illegal venture.

30. In my subsequent Reports, addressed to Head Office, I consistently drew their attention to the fact, that these Right-wing activities were not aimed at subversion or an worst, an attempted coup d’etat, but were merely concoted as a self-defence mechanism, in the event of unrest and anarchy, in South Africa, should matters take a turn for the worst.

I once again reminded the MDi Seniors that these actions emanated from plans initially drawn up by the VAG. However my pleas continued to fall on deaf ears and I slowly came to the realisation, that because of my averse views to their grandiose plans, I was becoming more and more isolated by my colleagues.

(The background to the anarchy, lies in the fact, that the black population creates anarchy, in much the same way as
has happened in other African countries in the past, when the white population was massacred.)

31. I was issued with a final warning from Director Roos, where he warned me, to not to become involved with any investigations, which were directed at the VAG and to focus solely on any instructions, that I might receive. Having to work under these conditions, led to me becoming stressed to the point of being close to a nervous breakdown because I could clearly see, where we were heading to, in our SAPS Mdi-initiated provocateurism activities. The SAPS role in directing and actually training Agentprovocateurs deeply upset me because innocent people were being provoked and compromised to commit crimes against their will.

Yet I had nobody to turn to in my desperation because the very SAPS-hierarchy were the de facto protagonists in fuelling racial-hatred and were instrumental in the killing of an innocent person in cold blood, as will be seen later.

32. I refused to bow to the rape of my conscience by men, whose only interest was self-directed, selfenrichment at the terrible price of innocent families and their sons being imprisoned. My pleas for equity and justice in this matter, caused serious and prolonged enmity between myself and my Superiors and consequently, they decided to cancel my due promotion.

This caused even further anxiety to such an extent, that I had no option, but to accept early retirement on Medical grounds.

33. Although my last day at work was scheduled to be the 15th October, 2001, I still remained embroiled in MDi’s activities, due to unforeseen circumstances.

Some of the circumstances were, inter alia:

Familial ties and inter-personal communication (I was married to Col. Miranda Loots, who functioned as Genl. Hankel’s ‘right hand’)

Certain practical actions and decisions taken on the part of both Col. Louis Pretorius and Genl. Hankel,

Consequent to my relationship with both JC Smit (and his wife), I was regularly informed of what was happening and of the instructions received and consequently able to keep abreast with the most of Mdi’s precepts and activities, right through until 2010, regarding the progress of the Boeremag investigation and Court applications, as will be construed vide infra (see below).

34. At the time of my retirement in 2001, Genl. Hankel (then still a Director in SAPS) had already become fully involved in the Boeremag investigation, which subsequent to my retirement, was codenamed: Project Wacko by Hankel.

Hy was intimately involved in the day-to-day execution of instructions to Informants, who by now had assumed active Agent- Provocateur’s roles.

It was an open secret, that he was the ‘vector’ driving the Investigation on a daily basis and even went so far as to openly pronounce, that this Project would become his single ‘biggest baby’!

35. The Commando-system was successfully dismantled because Hankel and his cronies managed to persuade the Politicians, that the Boeremag posed a national security threat because they could effectively employ the Commandos, their infra-structures and logistics for a possible coup d’tat (a violent overthrow of the Government of the day) in the future. The Commandos infra-structure was used as a rendez vous (a meeting place) for these Right-wing party) Meetings. The Mdi could consequently hide their involvement in the dismantling of the Commando-system because it was viewed by the public as a Political decision. Consequently, an important crime prevention structure was effectively destroyed.

“Document 12” (This document featured a great deal in the verdict of the men being found guilty.)

36. In about 1998, a document originating from Mdi was circulated between me and certain of my colleagues, all of whom were involved in monitoring Right-wing activities, by Superintendent Riaan van Schalkwyk, then our Office manager (Intelligence, Gauteng Province).

The entire contingent of staff were present, when the Document 12-strategy was presented to us in our Johannesburg office, moreover including, Alex Rakow (current Handler of Jannie Smuts), Raymond Hayes and a certain ‘Strys’. The compliment total consisted of approximately seven (7) members of the Police and a Typist.

37. The document at that point in time consisted of only two (2) pages and the items were numbered. Upon instruction from Van Schalkwyk, the Typist retyped the original document onto the office computer.

38. I personally viewed the supra document and noticed, that it was exactly as was construed in para. 18. Thereafter we discussed the document.

39. This was the first time, that I actually got to personally view the Document.

40. The supra document had no heading at all and as was mentioned consisted of only two (2) pages.

Previously, some of the Informants had made mention of a document, which Niemoller had discussed at Meetings. This very document (already mentioned in para. 36) was duped ‘Document 12’ by Van Schalkwyk.

Head Office determined, that we gather on a monthly basis in order to discuss all developments and happenings, with regard to Right-wing activity for further monitoring and follow-up. This meeting was termed an Information Meeting. We were to further determine, how well this Plan (Document 12) was propagated and known by the Right-wing activists.

41. At our next meeting, in this regard, the MDi officials from the Western Cape- and Eastern Cape Provinces reported back, that there was no Right-wing activity in their respective Provinces, while the Transvaal, Free State and Natal officials reported, that there were in fact, meetings convened in their respective Provinces.

42. At about the beginning of 1998, MDi convened a large Meeting at the Bloemhof Dam site. During the meeting, Director Roos, took a group of us aside, including me and instructed us to adapt Document 12, so that it would also have publicity value, so as to ensure the continued existence of MDi, while simultaneously promoting the activites of MDi by pertinently showcasing Document 12, as if it would be used as the framework for an attempted coup d’etat on the present-day Government.

43. Messr’s Werner Smith, Riaan van Schalkwyk and I represented the Gauteng (Province) at the supra Meeting, where we decided, that each respective Handler should have a different Document 12, which to give to their respective Informants, so that they would not be caught out (should all the Informants having the exact same copy of Document 12).

Each paragraph’s wording should therefore not follow exactly, yet the Document 12’s wording, should lead any person reading it, to conclude, that it would be used for the planning of a coup d’etat, by the Right-wing activists and as such, justified the actions to be taken by MDi, as if the Right-wing had created an impression of a casus belli (an act or circumstances provoking or justifying war).

44. Consequently, I instructed my Informant JC Smit, that he was to gradually implement a more offensive wording in the Document during the Meetings, which he attended, so as to create the impression, that the Right-wing activists were effectively planning a coup de main [a sudden, vigorous (unexpected) attack].

45. The MDi via their Informants, always initiated (pre-planned) these Meetings.

46. At one of these supra Meetings in Kathu (a town in the Northern Cape province) SAPS Technical staff installed a modified cellular phone in the vehicle of JC Smit, so that the members of MDi could monitor their entire conversation throughout the journey. When he transported interested members to some of these Meetings, some of my colleagues, including Col. Louis Pretorius and myself could listen to their
entire conversation, while they were enroute to the respective Meeting.

47. We too, either waited until people – who attended these various Meetings – had departed from their homes or we enticed them away from their homes, in order to allow time for the SAPS Technical staff to install listening devices in different items of their furniture, with which we were able to monitor their conversations.

48. As I have previously mentioned, both I and other members of MDi altered the original Document 12 from a defensive document to become an offensive document.

49. I myself made various alterations to the particular Document 12, using the State-issued Laptop computer, which was in the Mdi-office.

Thereafter I discussed the altered Document 12 with members of the Police, viz. Captain ‘kuifie’ Fouche, Superintendent Jan Meyer, Director Roos and Superintendent Alfonso Theron, who also brought along their versions of Document 12 to the Meeting.

50. The altered text was subsequently passed on to Informants, such as Jannie Smuts, who in turn passed it on to Niemoller and Jan Viljoen. In a similar fashion, it was given to mr Mike du Toit (who at a later stage, also became an acussed in the Boeremag Trial). Quite a few MDi-members, worked and continually altered the Document and therefore no one single member, could be labelled the author.

51. Suffice to say, a lot of information could then in this manner, be manipulated and successfully fabricated, to magnify the growing threat of a credible coup d’etat by the Right-wing Activists.

Mr Tollie vreugdenburg was venetually appointed as the Chief Investigator in the Boeremag investigation, under the direct authority of Col. Louis Bester, but (according to my Spouse) they were not fully briefed on where and from whom, the actual orchestration emanated. I am not at liberty to say exactly how much, they knew or about how much information, they were ignorant about.

52. General Mark Hankel regularly boasted toward me, that he was able to (of his own ability) outwit the other State Intelligence Agencies involved because of the fact, that he was the actual ‘brain’ behind Mdi’s Project Wacko.

53. I conveyed the news of my retirement to JC Smit. At that stage, under orders from Mdi, I had already deeply involved JC Smit in the mentioned orchestrated Right-wing activities, with the express purpose of implementing the staging of Mdi’s (hidden) Agenda by influencing people to become involved in these actions or compromising their activities.

54. Handler’s of Informants are trained how to manipulate their Informants to toe the line and to follow instructions carefully, mainly to collate information, but because of their vulnerability, the Informants can be relatively easily misused for any other purpose, including provocation techniques, as happened in Project Wacko.

55. Handlers are also trained in the art of how to employ an Informant to execute instructions, which they should in fact execute themselves. Informants are not always consciously aware, of what they exactly are executing or what the final goal thereof is.

56. Both Hankel and Roos refused to allow JC Smit to cop out as an Informant, when I went on retirement. Instead they instructed me, to transfer him to a Handler in Gauteng (Province), but I could not find anyone suitable, to take over from me and informed the duo accordingly.

57. They then instructed me to place him under the care of Col. Louis Pretorius of Klersdorp (a town in the North-West Province) because of the fact, that he was already functional in monitoring the activities of Right-wing Activists. JC Smit flatly refused to be handled by Col. Pretorius and suggested, that he would be willing to co-operate, if I continued to handle him, while I functioned under the control of Col. Pretorius.

I concurred with this arrangement, subject to being phased out as soon as practically possible. My motivation to be phased out as soon as possible, was due to the fact, that I wanted to have nothing more to do with this farce, prevarication and self-enrichment ideas of Mdi’s, warped orchestration ideology.

58. The prevailing culture within MDi was, that all Mdi-members would at one stage or another compromise themselves, in their line of duty and as such leave themselves vulnerable and exposed to the vagaries of extortion by Senior Officers within their respective departments. The consequences of these undistinguished feats would lead to them being forced to commit criminal acts or to perform duties – legal or illegal – as a ‘service’, in order not to be exposed, sometimes even after they had resigned from the SAPS.

I treaded lightly in this regard, so as not to caught off-guard by these recalcitrant Officers, although there were times when I had to become involved in unpleasantries in order to fulfil my functions. I fully realised, that I was vulnerable, but not to the extent of self-destruction.

A (common) practice within the MDi department was to ‘frame’ (falsely incriminate) colleagues and even ex-colleagues, with all the ramifications thereof. Consequently, this became my greatest fear because I was at loggerheads with my Superiors and even some colleagues due to my averse views, concerning the orchestration of innocent members of the public to commit crimes. I could therefore not totally ignore or refuse instructions and even after my retirement (in 2001), complied as far as was possible, until I was eventually phased out.

59. All, who worked at Mdi (SAPS), believed with an astute certainty, that they would receive promotions because the ANC Government would then be coerced into thinking, that the MDi Branch of SAPS were faithful handmaidens. There was talk of the possibility of big financial privileges forthflowing to MDimembers which would include, inter alia: new vehicles technical gadgetry all of which would be sourced from the SAPS Secret Fund.

60. Virtually any search of the Vehicle Registers at a Licencing Authority would reflect how many vehicles are registered in the private names of SAPS MDi-members although these vehicles strictly belong to the State.

I personally know of a motor vehicle, a mini-bus, trailor – all belonging to the State, which are registered on MDi-individuals names. I understand that these are difficult to actively monitor and trace because of the fact, that we function covertly and clandestinely. However an audit on the SAPS MDimembers names against the Vehicle Registration Authority’s register going back a few years, should reveal what the status quo in this regard is and if those vehicles have been accounted for and handed back to the State, once their purpose was served. I personally know, that this was definitely not the case.

61. When the two fugitives, who had escaped from custody, namely: Jan Rudolf (affectionately known as: Rudi) Gouws and Herman van Rooyen were hiding out at Nylstroom (a Town in the Northern Province), they were discovered by Shepherds, who reported their presence to SAPS.

Although MDi was acutely aware of their presence there, they did not immediately arrest them, but instead employed the SAPS Task Force, to monitor their movements for more than a month, with the express purpose of procuring resources under the guise of having received information on the whereabouts of these escaped fugitives and the urgent need to procure immediate resources from the SAPS Secret Fund, so that they can fit in with the normal population, where the fugitives are purportedly hiding, in order to arrest them.

Important facts and aspects, related to the Boeremag investigation.

62. The Stateorchestrated explosives-training of the Boeremag accused. (All the preparations was planned by Hankel, Pretorius and Miranda Loots)

62.1 Col. Pretorius informed me, that he had obtained the specially prepared explosives from the Explosives factory (as he termed it) outside Klerksdorp.

62.2 JC Smit was trained in the use of explosives within the parameters of my homestead in Pretoria, by Pretorius and an unknown person, also as how to use it, in order to blow-up specific targets. I’m ignorant in the use and knowledge of explosives and could therefore not wade in on the
conversation, but was merely a spectator.

JC Smit was taught how to compose the different explosive components, in order to prepare the final explosive product. According to him, these explosive components were at a later stage, given personally to him by Louis Pretorius with the instruction, that he was to specifically target people (like
Herman van Rooyen, who was eventually arrested near Waverley, Pretoria and subsequently became an accused in the Boeremag Trail) and train him in the use of explosives and how they were to employed to blow-up whatever the target was.

At the supra training session, I openly objected to Louis Pretorius on his course of action and what was being done and also questioned the wisdom thereof, by stating, that what was being done, was highly illegal. He however assured me, that the explosive components, which he had provided to JC Smit, weren’t strong or dangerous enough, to cause any significant damage.

62.3 At a later stage, on another day, JC Smit arrived and mentioned, that he had the explosive components in his vehicle and that he was instructed to take them to Warmbaths. He was however, afraid that he would be caught with them in his vehicle and that this would land him in trouble. We were aware, that he did not enjoy immunity from prosecution – which Pretorius telephonically acknowledged toward me – when I contacted him in this regard.

Pretoius however, informed me to tell the Informant, that he was to go ahead and transport the explosives to Warmbaths on an urgent basis, so that the explosives could be used as soon as possible – actually insinuating, that evidence against the Boeremag should be urgently orchestrated, so that even public opinion would be turned against the Boeremag and all Right-wing vigilante-activism.

I even so far as to confront my Spouse about these supra MDi initiatives. She confidently indicated, that both she and Hankel had everything under control and were fully briefed on the matter, at that moment. This incident made me realise, once again, that there was unfair, illegal and forced provocation being effected upon the Boeremag members and that I wanted out of it, for that very reason.

62.4 Pretorius then instructed us to proceed with the explosives – in my vehicle – to Warmbaths with JC Smit in tow and hand over the explosives to him, once we had reached Warmbaths, which also took place. He departed from there – I am not sure whereto and I didn’t question him on this issue because what was transpiring was unethical and totally wrong.

I however, waited for Smit to return, in order for him to return the surplus explosive components into my custody, before we returned to my home in Pretoria. On my return, we discussed at length the issue and that we were just as guilty as the persons, that he was busy training and that he should seriously consider withdrawing from the Operation.

My further involvement in the matter and all the information at my disposal.

63. Throughout this period of time, I repeatedly and openly informed my Spouse, Col. Pretorius and Genl. Hankel, that they were inciting crime and that innocent people were becoming involved and that this was all aimed at self-serving (their own pockets). Both my Spouse and Hankel laughed it off, while Pretorius became highly irritated at my regular intrusions, in this regard. He subsequently constantly reminded JC Smit to break totally with me because I did not want to play along with their schemes. Within time, Smit stopped visiting me regularly as he had in the past, but he would still keep me in the loop throughout, when he every now and then, came to seek advice on matters.

64. I was however, still kept abreast of progress in the matter, by both my Spouse and Hankel. To illustrate:

64.1 My Spouse on a regular basis discussed the MDi operations, while Hankel on one occasion also discussed privileged information with me. I then realised, that they had tunnel-vision and therefore they refused my advice, namely, that they extricate themselves from the saga. They were obsessive to ‘frame’ as many right-wing activists as possible, within a short period of time, in order to arrest them, but conceded that they were afraid of making mistakes and openly discussed their concerns with me in this regard, ostensibly to obtain ideas and insight. In retrospect, it should be remembered, that I trained my Spouse in SAPS and provided her with guidance and therefore she regarded me, as her Mentor.

64.2 They conducted various such discussions with me, especially via telephone, whereas my Spouse conducted these discussions mostly after-hours.

64.3 I consequently, repeatedly advised my Spouse to opt out of these orchestrated operations against the Boeremag because in my opinion, these matters would in future, implode in their faces. My Spouse and I have been separated, since 2008 and are busy with a protracted Divorce wrangle. In spite of this fact, she regularly still conducted similar discussions with me, up and until 2010 and informed of the following incidents, viz. Hankel (with my former Spouse’s assistance) arranged the following payments, with regard to the two escaped fugitives of the Boeremag

65. My Spouse kept me fully briefed on the supra issues, while I assisted her. When it was decided to arrest the two fugitives – Rudi Gouws and Herman van Rooyen – it was arranged with an ex- Policeman, who was simultaneously also a Police-Agent, to accompany them to a Townhouse in Centurion (Pretoria), which would ostensibly serve them as a ‘safe house’, where they could hide away for an extended period of time.

My task (as requested by my Spouse) was to purchase groceries and place them in the Townhouse, in order to make it look credible, when they arrived there with the Police-Agent. It was arranged at a prior meeting with the SAPS Task Force, that they would arrest them, on the following morning. Everything was pre-planned, long before the actual ‘staged’ arrangements to arrest the duo.

The Police-Agent involved in the planning and execution, thereafter received a cash-payment of R450,000 [four hundred-and-fifty thousand Rand (ZAR)], tax free and impossible to trace.

It is SAPS policy, that an Agent may not receive additional payment, but it was Hankel, who had authorised the payment and which the Agent received a week later, so that no uneasy questions would be asked or fingers being pointed at someone. My Spouse brought the package containing the cash home and exhibited it to me, prior to it being paid over to the respective Agent.

The Waverley (Pretoria) arrests.

66. With regard, to the arrests made in Waverley (Pretoria), my sibling Sister’s ex-husband (Sergeant ‘Sam’ Theron confided to me, that MDi knew (via information provided by Informant Otto Gerner) the exact whereabouts (the house, that they then occupied and from where they operated and planned their crimes) of the Boeremag suspects, more than a week in advance of their arrests.

According to Theron’s version of the events, which he personally conveyed to me, the suspects were not immediately arrested because it would compromise the Informant Otto Gerner and they furthermore wanted to ensure, that the suspects were trapped with the explosives in their possession, when they were arrested.

The Statements of the Boeremag Trialists.

67. Prior to the arrests of the Boeremag accused, Col. Pretorius invited to join him and a certain Karen … and Col. ‘Sollie’ in Hartebeespoort Dam (a small Town approximately 50 kilometres to the west of Pretoria) to draw up the State Witnesses’s Statements, so that they would not contradict one another. I point blankly refused to co-operate.

JC Smit further informed me, that none of the State Witnesses ever formulated their own testimonies, but that their Statements were mostly drawn up by Col. Louis Pretorius and adapted from time to time, in order to collaborate and coincide with the other State Witness Statements.

According to what JC Smit informed me, only once all the State Witness Statements agreed with one another in all material aspects – done with the oversight involvement of Luit. Col. Vreugdenburg – and followed one another chronologically, were these said Statements given to the State Witnesses to sign.

They were also informed, that they had to memorise their Statements like parrots. These were therefore not Statements of the witnesses, but merely the fabrications of MDi-members (especially involved in these fabrications were Pretoius and Vreugdenburg) colluding, to ensure the convictions of the Boeremag men.

68. In either the year 2001 (possibly 2002, I cannot recall the precise dates), Col. Pretorius instructed both myself and JC Smit to write out and place Investigation-statements in the SAPS dossier, with regard to the Boeremag matter. I –and I believe JC Smit also – knew, that this was highly irregular and unethical to make false Statements because we would consequently have to stand by our Statements and honour our Words, once the Court proceedings occurred.

This is one of the reasons, that I mention at a later stage in this Statement of mine, as to why both JC Smit and I refused to write out the Statements, as instructed and why I wanted to be relieved from any further involvement with the Boeremag Investigation.

69. Mainly as a result of the supra reason/s, both myself and JC Smit initially objected to making Statements to this effect or to being witnesses in the matter and consequently withdrew our further support from the Investigation.

70. However, Col. Pretorius coerced JC Smit to write out a sworn Statement, regarding his role in the Boeremag Investigation and remain a State Witness, otherwise Pretorius warned him, that he would be forthwith arrested and charged with the other men.

71. I too, was coerced by Pretorius into doing, what he had succeded in getting JC Smit to do, but I bluntly refused and stood my ground, unwilling to sear my conscience (for temporary gain).

72. Both I and JC Smit continually informed Col. Pretorius of our objections, but he threatened us and we eventually both felt, that we had to seek outside legal advice, in orde to protect our interests.

73. I happened to know an Attorney, Piet Breedt – a former colleague and we set off to pay him a visit. We asked Tom van Rensburg, to arrange the consultation on our behalf. We consequently attended the consultation with Piet Breedt at his offices in Bosman Street, Pretoria.

74. We shared our concerns, regarding our reasons for refusing to write out Statements and other issues. His immediate reaction was that it was a serious matter and that, we should involve Senior Counsel in the matter. He thereafter contacted Advocate Johan Gaum – also an ex-colleague, who would further advise us. We thereafter met Gaum together with Piet Breedt at his official premises.

75. Both JC Smit and I informed Advocate Gaum and Piet Breedt in detail, as to the conspiracy within the MDi, regarding the orchestrated Boeremag case and that being our reason for refusing to draw up a false declaration and or sign any affidavit in this regard.

76. Adv. Gaum heard us out and asked probing questions. He then indicated, that I was in a better position, than JC Smit because JC Smit was involved in the incitement to commit a crime and his contribution was therefore a more serious matter, to contend with from a legal perspective, especially with regards to applying for immunity from prosecution. Adv. Gaum was however, prepared to assist JC Smit in his case, as well as represent me, should the State force me to write a false Statement or attempt to force me in the witness stand.

77. Adv. Gaum then instructed Breedt to prepare the necessary documents, with regard to JC Smit application because it would be extremely difficult at this point in time, to be able to prevent him from being a State Witness in the Boeremag trial.

78. Both Adv. Gaum and Piet Breedt were briefed in detail and Gaum advised to continually refuse to commit Perjury and exercise our right to remain silent.

79. The cost of our first consultation was R4,000 (four thousand Rand), which JC Smit kindly paid on our behalf.

80. Post the first consultation, JC Smit and I discussed the astronomical legal cost factor for the future and decided against any further consultations because we both would not be able to afford legal representation at the current cost.

81. According to JC Smit’s regular discussions with me, he intimated, that Col. Pretorius was placing him under undue stress by intimidating him and simultaneously mentioning the monetary benefits, that would accrue to him, should he write a Statement and be prepared to stand his man in the witness box and defend his Statement there. He consequently concurred to write the false Statement and assured Pretorius, that he was prepared to take the Stand.

82. According to JC Smit, Col. Pretorius wrote out his Statement in Hartebeepoort Dam, exactly as he – Col. Pretorius – had wanted the Statement to be, so that it collaborated the other Statements and all JC Smit had to do, was to sign the said Statement, without having any say in what was contained therein. He also mentioned, that he was not permitted to alter anything in the Statement.

83. I steadfastly refused to co-operate or to sign any affidavit – to the continued distress and aggravation of Col. Pretorius.

84. Quite a while after my consultation with Adv. Gaum, Hankel initially and thereafter my Spouse kept informing (and haggling) me, that the State Advocate – Paul Fick SC (SC is the acronym for: Senior Counsel) needed to speak to me, concerning my role and involvement in the run-up tot the Boeremag Trial.

85. Although I initially deflected their advances in this regard, they continued to harass me, to the extent, that I later unwillingly relented and went to speak to him in his Chamber. I primarily consented to see Fick because I wanted to inform him of the true version of events, as well as to my reasons, why I refused to sign a false affidavit.

86. My Spouse accompanied me to the Palace of Justice, where Tollie Vreugdenburg met me at the entrance in Vermeulen Street (Pretoria) and then proceeded to accompany me to Adv. Fick’s office.

87. There I was introduced to Fick, whom I have never before entertained. Those present were Adv. Pieter Luyt (whom I was acquainted with, due to our mutual interest in running, while representing the Akasia Athletic Club), a lady advocate, unknown to me (I fail to recall her particulars), who was apparently part of the team of State Advocates and who would act as Prosecutors in the trial, as well as Col. Vreugdenburg.

88.The whole contingent (with Adv. Fick doing most of the speaking) attempted to coerce me into rescinding my earlier decision, not to become involved in the Boeremag trail and to write a Statement and to take the Stand. Thye emphasized, that it would be to my benefit, should I follow their advice.

However, when they noticed my reticence to commit Perjury, they changed tack and started threatening me to make a Statement. They became vociferous and antagonistic toward me and ended with Fick threatening to have me charged as an accomplice in the Boeremag Trial, if I continued to refuse to co-operate with the State Team.

89. I continued to stand my ground against the verbal assault from the State Team of Advocates and Vruegdenburg, which at times reached a feverish pitch and I repeated for all to hear, that it is unethical and illegal to incite people to commit or to be an accomplice in a crime and especially, when people are orchestrated to commit a crime and thereafter arrested and charged.

90. I emphasized to the State Advocates, that the Boeremag men were only busy with a defensive plan, in order to aid SAPS, in case of unrest and anarchy, but that the MDi and their Agents were involved with an offensive plan to incite innocent people and thereafter, to have them charged with committing a serious crime even going as far as falsely incriminating (by framing them) those, who would not play fiddle to MDi’s orchestra.

91. They placed enormous stress on me, to co-operate with them, even when they were aware of the true facts and this lead to a major fallout with the group of State Advocates.

92. The State Advocate Team, including Col. Vreugdenburg openly ganged up against me, while I was left to dry out on my own, by placing me in a corner, until I acceded to their wishes – which I miraculously managed to stave off and so retained my sense of dignity and sanity prevailed. I must admit, that this was one of the most trying times in my life.

93. They refused to back down, even though I rebutted them continually – forcing them to continue hearing the true facts. I then came to the realization, that Politics was playing a major role in their antagonistic arguments because politics had become the playball of senior Officers, who stood to lose all, if I declined to proceed with their infatuation with orchestrating innocent people for the sake of feeding their frenzied hunger for material gain.

I made this statement to them out of frustration because I was earlier informed by a colleague, that both Director Roos and Col. Louis Pretorius were members of one or other secret organization and that Pretorius was Roos’s senior in this organization, but that in SAPS, he was his Junior, much to his chagrin.

94. The meeting closed with bad blood to be smelt everywhere. Adv. Fick in conclusion shouted to me, that (a) I would not be welcome in Court, once the Court was in process, except if I was willing to comply with their rules of engagement and that (b) I should not ever entertain the thought of co-operating with the Defence Team because I had taken an oath of secrecy and should I attempt to break this oath, I would be prosecuted.

95. I summarily withdrew any further co-operation with the State Team, although I bumped into Adv. Luyt at Athletic events, where we both participated, but we never broached the subject again.

96. Initially, I did not attend the Courtcase because I was anti the method and motives, which MDi had employed in the whole matter. My ernstwhile Spouse however, kept me abreast of all that was transpiring in the Courtcase, until we separated.

97. Due to my taking an Oath of Secrecy and the fact, that Adv. Fick threatened to charge me, should I make contact with the Defence Team, I initially refrained from having any contact with them. I resigned myself to the fact, that I would do nothing further, but undertook to one day, write a book about the whole matter, even if it meant, that I would break the Oath of secrecy, so that the Public would know the truth.

What was consoling in the entire matter was, when Adv. Gaum contacted me via Tom van Rensburg to say, that my course of action, that I had taken with Adv. Fick’s Team, was highly appropriate.

98. Already in 1998, an old colleague and friend of mine, Alphons Theron, had conspired to put to book one day all our combined information, regarding the Boeremag Investigation and -Trial, but we never got that far.

99. In 2011, I left to go and work in India, where I thought, that I could forget the nagging feeling of my betraying the truth, regarding the Boeremag Trialists and their lonely fight against the forces of evil, inherent in MDi and the State Advocate’s Team. I eventually returned to face the music by availing myself and my knowledge of the matter, to the Defence Team.

100. Upon my return to South Africa, I attempted to attend the Court Case, in order to determine what progress there was.

101. At my first appearance in Court, I happened to find myself seated adjacent to Karin Labuscagne of Radio Jacaranda, whom I did not know at that point in time. Prior to the Court proceedings starting, I was approached by Col. Tollie Vreugdenburg, who asked what my interest was in attending the court proceedings and mentioned, that I knew that I was not welcome there.

I however, refused to be intimidated by him and mentioned, that he should put it in writing to me, that I may not attend the Hearing or alternatively, that the Presiding Officer should inform me, to leave the Court.

102. Col. Vreugdenburg then approached Adv.s Fick and Luyt, who requested the Judge to adjourn the Court proceedings for a short while (10 minutes), while they (Adv. Luyt) remonstrated with me, in order to induce me to leave. I kindly informed him, that I was there to keep abreast of proceedings, but Luyt requested, that I leave the Court forthwith.

103. Later when the Court had adjourned for the day, Karin Labuschagne introduced herself to me and asked me who am I and enquired as to why the State Team wanted me removed from the Court building. I briefly informed her, who I was and my reason for attending the proceedings, before departing for home.

104. Approximately a week later, just prior to the annual Comrades event in 2011, I met with Karin Labuschagne over a cup of coffee, for an impromptu interview. The interview lasted nearly two hours and I was able to provide her with a synopsis of facts, with regard to my interest in the Boeremag Case, including considering writing a book on the matter. She showed interest in the book and requested whether she could procure the rights to the contemplated manuscript. According to her, she had already done a lot of research on the Case.

105. We agreed to attend the Courtcase together and once again Col. Vreugdenburg confronted me, wherafter an unknown Police Officer was placed in the seat directly behind me, for the rest of the Court proceedings.

106. The Courtcase however was shortly adjourned thereafter.

107. Once the Courtcase was adjourned, I approached some of the Defence Counsel, namely: Advocates Louisa van der Walt and Harry Prinsloo and provide them with my personal particulars.

108. I informed them, that I could provide them with both relevant and pertinent information, as also that the SAPS MDi Branch could hear everything, that they said to their respective clients because the Courtroom and holding cells were bugged. I invited them to contact me, but they never returned the favour.

109. With times Karin Labuschagne and I made contact.

110. I was clandestinely informed by people within MDi, that they were monitoring my cellular phone, as well as noting my ‘sms’ (the acronym for: Short Message Service). I laid charges to this effect, whereupon a Col. Werner Smith and Col. Eugene Pitout from MDi paid me a visit.

They further informed me of my Oath of secrecy and that I stood to be charged, should I ignore their warnings.

The phone-tappings, bugging and videoing of the accused, after they had been already been charged.

111. According to According to my Spouse, they (MDi) attempted on various occasions to procure authority to be able to secretly bug and video the accused in their cells, but the Judge flatly refused the applications on numerous occasions, to the chagrin of the MDi officials.

112. However, according to my Spouse, Genl. Hankel unilaterally decided to implement and execute the tappings and bugging of the accused’s cells and where they consulted with their legal Representatives.

He apparently recruited the ‘right people’ at Correctional Services (Kenny Bouwer and Zack Modise), who authorised the bugging. Via discreet investigation, I was able to establish, that MDi’s contact person in Correctional Services was Kenny Bouwer, who authorised the illegal installation of bugging equipment in the respective cells and in the holding cells in the Courtroom.

113. I was also able to discreetly establish, that a certain Andre Storm at ‘C-Max’ Prison (Pretoria), was recruited to assist the MDi to plant devices in and around their cells.

114. From the beginning of the Court Proceedings, it was an open secret, that everyone at MDi was keen to know, what was transpiring between the Defence Team and their clients, but to MDi’s disgust, they were unable to obtain permission to bug the Hearing and Consultation rooms of the Defence.

115. According to my Spouse, Genl. Hankel refused to accept the status quo and obtained permission from his seniors in SAPS, to procure technically-advanced monitoring equipment (sound and vison) for bugging and videoing in the USA. Just after the start of the Court Proceedings, he had the sensitive equipment secretly installed in both the entire Courtroom and Consultation room.

116. I actually on two different occasions happened to visit the Head-Office of MDi in Prieska Street, Erasmuskloof, where the so-called, CINOC (the acronym for: Crime Intelligence Nodal Operational Centre) or colloquially known as, the ‘War Room’ was situated, courtesy of my Spouse.

My first visit there was in the year 2008, just before a surgical procedure was performed on my foot (prior to the Comrades marathon of that year). The premises were not the same as they are today. The second visit was a while later, when my Spouse (Col. Miranda Loots) wanted to show me their state of the art
electronic equipment for the tapping of phones and listening to conversations in conjunction with virtual visuals, which was apparently, the genius of Genl. Hankel.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the exact dates, but with my inital visit there, the Centre contained a variety of TV monitors. During my second visit, the Centre was more progressively furnished with many more electronic equipment, including TV monitors and much neater, than was previously the case.

117. My visits to CINOC occurred mostly over weekends and after-hours, when the minimum personnel were present, so that we would not attract attention and that no uneasy questions would be asked. My Spouse however, confided to me, that Genl. Hankel was aware of my presence there.

118. In both instances, my Spouse would activate a button on a Computer, whereupon the screen reflected how the Boeremag men would alight from the Njala Vehicle, which transports them to the Court daily; where they then approach the Courtroom and turn left through a doorway, whereupon my Spouse remarked, that that door is the entrance to the holding cells beneath the Courtroom. I could see on another monitor, where these men entered a door and then the Cells metal bars.

119. The following visuls were, where the accused stood in their cells (confinement), while chatting to one another. It only contained visuals of the Boeremag men and nobody else. She then hurriedly scanned a number of visuals, until she could point out, where the accused were in the Consulting Room, conferring with their Legal Counsell.

I could identify various people on the monitor, e.g. Adv. Harry
Prinsloo and Louisa van der Walt, who individually consulted with an accused. I however, did not recognise any of the accused. The visuals were of an outstanding quality, including the sound system, where each word spoken, could be distinctly heard between the accused and their Legal Representative.

All that could be seen in the Consulting Room, was a white wall and a corner in the room. On another monitor, I could see the white wall and a part of the Holding Cell. The images were thus being cast from the top of the room, in other words the roof-end. All video-material was recorded and therefore not live or virtual material, at that point in time.

120. At one stage, my Spouse drew my attention to a monitor and mentioned, that ‘when the accused walked up here to the right’, then they could then access the Court Room from where they were held.

She then indicated to the right-hand side of the monitor. In my opinion, there were no cameras installed, that focussed on the stairway to the Court Room because no where, was I able to see the staircase. Thereafter she showed me footage of the Court Room per se and I could clearly see, where the accused sat and where their Legal Representatives were seated. I was not able to see the Judge’s Bench or the Public Gallery at all, although she confirmed to me, that the entire Court Room was under constant surveillance.

121. My Spouse reiterated, that wherever the accused were or moved about, they were under constant surveillance by cameras, that were planted clandestinely and included the outside of the Court Room itself. On the one monitor, there was a room, which contained a table with four chairs, According to my Spouse, this place was across from the Court, with a window, which has a view over Vermeulen Street. This respective monitor only showed images and the sound was not good at all on both occasions, that I was present.

I only attended the Court Proceedings from the second last week in May, 2011, when I for the first time entered the Court Room myself and could identify a room immediately across from the Entrance to the Court, that was similar to the room in the visuals.

122. The other times, that I was able to view these images was in 2008 / 2009, where I was able to at least twice, view some visuals of three scenes on my Spouse’s official Nokia Cellularphone. These were not recordings, but were virtual images being displayed on her cellphone and my Spouse even went so far as to boast about MDi’s advanced technological ability.

If she wanted to view different images, she had to exit the present screen and click on another smaller screen on her Phone monitor, which would take a few moments to load, although the screen sometimes froze and then she had to wait for a while, before it would respond again.

123. My Spouse used to continually boast about MDi’s advanced technology systems, which they operated and would show me images on her Laptop at home, which contained images of the accused and then used to laugh, referring to them as: ‘fucking assholes’ !

The camera’s angles in the different rooms, was the same. My Spouse mentioned, that the purpose hereof was for MDi to be able to monitor every movement of the accused, constantly. MDi were especially interested in what was being conversed about, between the accused and their respective Legal Representatives during consultation because that gave the State an edge over the Defence Team strategy, as they were ons step ahead of the Defence the whole time.

MDi were also interested in knowing, what strategy the Defence was planning during cross-examination, pertinently what questions would be posed.

124. My Spouse routinely boasted about the manner in which Mdi provide the State Advocates with preemptive ‘ammunition’, as a direct consequence of knowing before hand, what the Defence planned.

125. This monitoring of the Defence Counsel and their accused, gave the State an advantage because they could always plan ahead to counter the Defence team’s arguments, by providing the State with counter arguments and counter witnesses, way ahead of schedule. All this information was always directly and immediately relayed to Adv. Paul Fick and his State Team.

126. My Spouse on different occasions informed her sister, ‘Maxine’ and our daughter in my presence, that the MDi provided the State Prosecution with sound and visual material of their recordings of the accused and their Legal Counsel’s discussions. For some questions, they used the historical evidence on recordings, while for other questions, they would proffer excuses to win time. The contacts between MDi and the State Prosecutors were either Tollie Vreugdenburg or Louis Bester (my Spouse sometimes refered to Bester as ‘Vice’, meaning that he was their deputy Leader at MDi). They would in turn be called by someone at CINOC with a message for the State Prosecution, with the purpose of preparing themselves for the Defence’s questions. My Spouse pertinently confirmed to me, that MDi would relay the information from their recordings immediately, to the State Prosecutor’ Team, via either Vreugdenburg or Pretorius.

127. These ut supra visuals with sound, were exhibited to me at our home in Rietfontein, Pretoria by my Spouse over and above the times, when I visited the Erasmuskloof ‘War Room’ (CINOC). The period of time, when I viewed these visuals were between the years 2008 and 2010, prior to the World Soccer Cup in South Africa. One of these times was, when I was busy enjoying a barbecue at home, while my sister-in-law and daughter were present.

The monitoring of the accused at ‘C-Max’ Prison (Pretoria)
128. My Spouse informed me, that a senior Officer was contacted at Correctional Services with a counterfeit warrant issued by Hankel and herself, to install bugging and electronic monitoring devices and that,they keep these persons ‘happy’ in exchange for their co-operation in the monitoring of the accused in the Prison. Which by implication meant, that these persons were bribed so as to not, rock the boat.

129. My Spouse further confirmed to me, that at the ‘C-Max’ Prison’s entrance or just above the entrance, there was a Consulting Room, that was used by the accused and their Legal Representatives for consultation and adjacent to it, the MDi had a room full of electronic equipment for the televised bugging of discussions. These measures were already in place by early 2003 /2004 because my Spouse, Hankel and ‘Sam’ Theron had then boasted to me, about their monitoring Project at ‘C-Max’ Prison.

130.My Spouse has long been boasting about the fact, that MDi knew of everything transpiring within the confinement of the accused’s respective cells. The MDi staff often laughed at some private moments, when the accused would get dressed and so forth.

131. She also often pronounced, that MDi did not have authorization to monitor, what they were busy monitoring, but that it was done clandestinely and nobody would ever be the wiser.
Regarding the bugging of the accused and their families
132. According to my Spouse, everyone involved with the Boeremag Case – including the accused, their families, friends and Legal Representatives – were ALL bugged, which includes: their land telephone lines, cellular phones, sms and e-mail facilties, as well as their movements. Some of the bugging is authorised, while some of it is not authorised at all.

133. For example, a lady by the name of Nelmari, the accused’s Herman van Rooyen’s ex-wife was on holiday at La Cote d’Azur, Margate (South Coast, Natal), when she was followed by MDi-members and where members of CTC (the acronym for: Counter Terrorism Centre), also a division of Mdi were convened. I was with my Spouse in Margate, during the October (School) holidays, when I exchanged some pleasantries with her on the beachfront. Both my Spouse and ‘Sam’ Theron reprimanded me and I was informed, that Director Roos was not impressed by my actions.

134. Most of the tapping, that still occurs, is still performed on an illegal basis, according to my Spouse.

 He is willing to attest to the veracity of the information and does not object to taking the oath
 And that he regards the oath as binding upon his conscience ·which conforms to the Regulations, as reflected in the Government Notices R1258, R1648, R1428.
KEY to colour type
Blue – the purpose is to provide more clarity to someone reading the Statement, who does not have an adequate knowledge of happenings within the South African political arena …
Translated by: Michael Waldeck (2013-02-09)

wyattmathew

Re: Boeremag – Affidavit – Deon Loots

Return to “BOEREMAG”